Feb 1, 2009

20 sticks of Dunhills and 178 pages later....

Just read a book....
Made me realize and grasp a few facts...


1. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe it wasn't.
2. I did too much. No, I did too little.
3. I loved the way we got intimate. I hated the fact its never gonna come back.
4. McDs tasted so good with her around.
5. Dunhill Reds was our cigarette of choice.
6. "Funky Fresh" was our term of choice.
7. "Copacabana" was our theme song.
8. I was immature. She was....
9. ...she was indecisive at times.
10. I loved her to bits.

What does all this lead to?
Let me simply put it this way....

I love her. Always did, always will.

Do I think it'll ever happen again?
Don't think so. Not now. Maybe never.

I can never understand why it had to be that way.
Maybe I was destined to learn it the hard way.
Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Whatever it is, the 178 pages I read allowed me to do one thing.

ACCEPT THIS LOSS.

I'm accepting the fact that her ringtone will never ring on my phone ever again.
I'm accepting the fact that memories will come about whenever I buy a pack of Dunhills.
I'm accepting the fact that I'll never feel her soft, tender snog again.


Despite all this, I'm appreciative of her. The only thing I can think of saying to her right now...
1. Thank you for making and breaking my heart.
2. Thank you for instilling some great memories.



What now?

I move on.









-word peepz...-